Sunday, April 26, 2015

The SS Galaxy to close May 3rd

Dear Supporters and Friends of the SS Galaxy,

The Management and Crew of the SS Galaxy would like to thank each and every one of you for helping make the Galaxy community one of the most thriving, vibrant and welcoming on the Second Life grid.

Together with your help, we have been building wonderful memories since February 2007.

All good things must come to and end, and in the Galaxy’s case, we will be closing the ship on May the 3rd. All current renters will receive a 100% refund of your most recent payment. Please help us by picking up all your items as soon as possible; before the 3rd we will be doing room by room returns throughout the week as well if anything is left.

For us as the Crew, the privilege has been ours to meet and interact with each of you over these eight years. The memories we have from these experiences, will continue to inspire us and our values, long beyond 2015.

Many of you have become more than our cabin tenants - we consider you a part of the Galaxy family as well  :-)

In the many diverse strands of lifestories, God has granted us the blessing of having our respective stories intertwine, at least for a time.

As we prepare to go on beyond April 2015, the Crew wish you that the strength in bonds will continue to sustain each and every one of you, along life’s way.

From all of us here at the SS Galaxy,

A heartfelt thank you.

DBDigital Epsilon
Managing Director

6 comments:

  1. please dont do this. I have enjoyed so much every time i visitied this location that is a so sad new

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please dont do this. I had my SL Wedding with my SL (later also rl) Partner here and it still is in my Memorys. I always came back to the SS Galaxy and always felt save and secure here by gazing into the Sunset/Sunrise and Hearing the Waters. And also I will miss the wonderful and very helpful Crew. I will be very sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fotos i took on one of my last visits
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/holger_gilruth/sets/72157652256041061/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is possibly the saddest news I have heard in my 8 years of Second Life. To my friends and myself who remember boarding the Galaxy in 2007 it was not just a huge 3 sim build, it was the vision of what we wanted Second Life to become. I am guilty of believing that the ship would remain forever and now it is closing am amongst the many who realise how much she will be missed and wish they had invested more time to her.
    I hope that if the ship can somehow be saved we save her and if not we remember just how good the Galaxy was and what Bill, DB and the team have provided for us over the years.

    ReplyDelete